nVidia MX4000 128DDR
2x512mb PNY DDR400
Maxtor 30Gb ATA133 HDD
Antec TruePower 2.0 430w PSU

It's a biuld I DIY'd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
OS X is for Apple computer, and not for PCs... you should be an Apple developer to run OS X on a PC...

·
Registered
83 Posts
OS X runs on PPC processors, in particular IBM... in 2006, Apple has planned to switch to Intel, but there will be hardware and software protections in order to limit OSX only on Apple machines...
The version you've downloaded is probably the developer's beta version to enable this switch, but it's copyright protected, and in this forum piracy is not supported...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't downloaded anything. I am just curious about the compatibility of hardware. I biuld PC's and I also use Linux on a few of my personal units, and I am always looking for alternitives to the Microsoft monster.

I do not support or promote piracy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
sorry, I misunderstood your first post...
as I told you, OSX is now running only on PPC processors, I know only IBM PPC processors, but I've read that there is another company that produces them... In the middle of 2006, Apple will start selling computers with Intel x86 processors, and they would also integrate a software (named Rosetta) to run PPC compiled software on x86 processors. probably there will be some kind of hardware protection in order to prevent to run Mac OS X on other Intel based computer... if you have other questions, ask!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.