Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I stop the "switch users" page from coming up, if my computer is left idle too long? I've tried the Restore thing many times, and it only lasts for a few days. It just started doing it around the end of November on my Vista. Thank you for any help I can get on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the problem is solved, but sometimes it takes a day or 2. Thank you SO MUCH!!! It was driving me nuts!!!

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
This is how to disable fast user switching

Click Start, type gpedit.msc in the Start Search or Run dialog box and press Enter
Now navigate to the following location:Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon
To Disable Fast User Switching:
Set Hide entry points for Fast User Switching to Enabled. By enabling the policy, Administrators can hide the Switch user button in the Logon UI, the Start menu and the Task Manager

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
just follow the instructions where I have put a > that means you now do this

so you go to start and in the run box type gpedit.msc
find the bit that says local computer policy and click it then click computer configuration then click administartive templates click system click logon then set hide entry points for fast user switching.

·
Registered
40,971 Posts
Which version of Vista are your running? If you have Vista Home it does not have Gpedit.msc available, only in Business or Ultimate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can only find Internet Options in Windows. I don't think it's the Windows per se, it's some setting in the regular part, because I can have just my wallpaper up and it shuts down, or rather Locks to Switch User.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, it just closes to the switch user page no matter what. I t just happens if the computer is left idle for more than about 10 min.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.