Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have verizon DSL, and at startup, I get an error that states:

"INTERNAL ERROR - SWF Host Not Running. Can't Establish contact with SWF Host. This can happen if you ran CPSkin.exe directly or if Verizon control pad failed to run on startup. This error is Fatal."

I've done mulitple spyware and virus scans for the last day. Nothing found, however my computer is running at 100% CPU and is very slow all of the sudden, with about 99% of the CPU usage on AOLascd.exe. (Aol does not open).

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
This sounds like you have been hijacked. Please follow these instructions.

Before running any spyware programs, please run an online antivirus scan at one of the below sites to make sure that you don't have a virus. It is recommended to run a scan online because there are some viruses that can disable or make themselves invisible to the antivirus programs you have on your computer. If any viruses are found, write them down and remove them. Before running any of them, first disable System Restore if you have Windows ME/XP.

Download the following:
www.housecall.trendmicro.com - Online Virus Scan
www.majorgeeks.com - CWShredder
www.lavasoft.com - Ad-aware SE
www.safer-networking.org - Spybot S & D
www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx - MS AntiSpyware (Beta)

Then download HiJackThis at www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm you can also download all the above utilities from said site. Please place your HJT logs in the HJT Log Help Forum here at TSF so that a Security Expert can analyze your log.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.