Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Sparkle Geforce 7300 with a svideo output built in so I ordered a 12 foot svideo cable so I could use it with a near by tv but I came to a halt when I realized that the Svid cable will not connect to the output jack on the video card? It says clearly on all the documentation "Svideo output" and some of these cards actually come with a svid cable , mine didnt but I ordered a standard svid cable and it seems it will not connect and I tried every angle and what not? And Ideas or am I going to have to buy a adapter like VGA to svideo:mad:

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
a little late on this one, but here it goes.
It is a standard s-video cable, check to make sure pins are not bent at all. Get up close with a flashlight, align pins on cable plug to video card and TV receptacle. Once this is done, do the following:

-right click on desktop
-select "properties"
-select "settings"
-select "advanced"
-select "GeForce7300 LE"
-select "Start the Nvidia Control Panel"
(if first time here, select advanced settings)
this will require a re-boot (if this was 1st time) and from there you can now go back to your properties, settings and choose the 2nd monitor for your tv. If you want more advanced controls, goto the Nvidia Control Panel (like explained above) and check out all the different options you have.

Note: TV mode for my Sony is set in "video" mode, (TV/Video) button.

Hope this helps for anyone wondering why "s-video" is not working.

RRRRR- Squatch!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply , but it is actually a 9 pin svideo cable output on the card( itssay its high def) and the standard s video cable I bought and need for my tv is 4 pin.

I havea card on a Geforce 5200 running on onther computer elseware and I wanted to install it on my motherboard but it has a interface that doesnt fit.

What I would need is either a high def tv that can take a 9 pin svideo or a 9 pin svideo to analog video adapter , good ones are around 60.00 the cheap ones on ebay are 0.99 cents:laugh:

In all actuallity it isnt worth it unless you use a High def tv or one with monitor capabilities or a newer TV I guess.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.