Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 used on eBay. Looks to be in great condition and so far it’s working great but also looks like the screen is cracked on the lower right hand corner. It arrived this way although it was packed pretty good with bubble wrap to protect it while in transit.

I reached out to the seller who said it wasn’t like that and blamed me for maybe dropping it. I explained to the seller I did not drop it and was simply concerned if it becomes an issue later on.

I can’t make out exactly if it’s cracked or not though or just some sort of blemish. While the device is powered on it’s hard to see but when powered off or in sleep mode, and the screen is dark, it’s very obvious. On the listing page, the pictures included by the seller show the screen with the device powered on so I couldn’t see it. It wasn’t until I received it and noticed it.

So, my question pretty much is, does it look like the screen is cracked? If so, I can only assume it will get worse and affect the functioning of the screen needing a replacement. Replacing the screen is something I can do myself if need be, but they’re quite expensive from looking online, around $175+. I paid $240 for the device.

The seller listed it as No Returns. So I’m thinking that now I’m stuck with it.

Computer Netbook Personal computer Output device Gadget

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not stuck with it, you can file a protest with eBay if it's not as represented. Given the situation, that's the way I'd go, the screen is certainly cracked!
Seller sent me a message saying he’ll work with me on either a discount or refund. Makes me wonder know if he was lying all along. I hope not. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, now I’m not sure how to respond. I had already purchased a case for it, screen protector and the stylus pen before it had even arrived. So once it did arrive I had everything ready. I spent around $85 in total.

How would you respond? This experience reminds me on an article I read a while back about a guy who records himself opening up every package he buys from eBay. This way if an item arrives damaged, the seller can’t claim otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts