Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I don't know too much about computers, but I do know my Dell is not running like it should. I just got it a few months ago and installed Vista and zone alarm myself-- other than that, I haven't messed with anything else. It is so slow, it can take 15 minutes to download or open a powerpoint. Also, if I try to watch a video, on youtube or something, the volume and video are so choppy it's useless to try to watch anything. This is becoming really irritating and I feel like I want to throw my computer under a truck. I know this isn't the best quality machine, but I think it should be much more functional than it is.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments,
Tara

·
Decessit
68,880 Posts
hi welcome to TSF when did this start,have you tried system restore to a time before the issue began.thats start all programs accessories system tools,you could also try the clean up utility found there and also defrag to tidy up your drive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

You seem to be having a slow system giving you a headache??

If so, backup your data and reinstall windows (or if possible run the dell factory recovery).

When you say you installed vista yourself, do you mean like a reinstall? Or was it an xp pc that you upgraded to vista?

Also, you don't need zone alarm. You can simply use the windows firewall and Avast anti-virus and it'll be light on your pc :)

BTW the 1525 isn't a crappy pc by any means

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.