Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just finished installing Windows XP, and it is REALLY slow. Is this a common problem? I've never had this dilema before.
Thanks,
-Arnack

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
It's probably due to a lack of drivers. Windows can't find proper drivers for all the different types of hardware available. If your computer came from a retailer like Dell, HP, or gateway, etc...they should have also given you a cd with drivers on it.

If your pc was built by you, or you have lost the afore mentioned cd we can always find them online.

You can always check your device manager (right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager) to see which, if any devices need new drivers. They will be labeled with a yellow exclamation mark beside them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I just checked it, and, no drivers were missing. Still really slow, I can't even download my linksys drivers so I can connect to the internet...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, wait. What I did is reinstalled with my E-machines restore disk, and all I got was errors. At startup it wouldn't even load, and if it did, it said I was missing C:/windows/system32/system or something like that. I am reinstalling agian.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Reinstall and post your system specs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and I can't possibly get my system specs, my friend gave the computer to me, and I can't downloadl a prorgam that tells me because my computer doesn't even start.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If the computer won't start, check the PSU. Or do you mean Windows won't load?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PSU? And the computer will freeze if I try to load from a disk... (I just want my win xP back!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.