Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an HP Dv5 notebook, and I want to set up a docking station / dual monitor. I've looked at the HP Quickdock, but it doesn't seem to support dual monitor setup. I've also looked at the Matrox DualHead2Go digital, and it would seem that I can just use the VGA connection on the laptop to connect, which would work, but I would like it to be coordinated with a wireless mouse and keyboard and be simple to dock.

Any suggestions for a configuration?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Take a look at Hp's advanced docking station. I have seen lot's of chatter about whether this will work or not. Some say it does, other's say it doesn't. It uses one DVI-D and one standard vga.

My guess is that the DualHead2GO would be your best bet since Hp doesn't seem to say much on this subject.

Here's a post from TSF about this. Post #2 is roughly what I have seen said in other places, including hp support forums.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/har...l-monitors-off-hp-docking-station-304729.html

Hope that helps.

Pauldo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Pauldo. Unfortunately, I don't think the advanced docking system works for the model I have. I'm going to contact HP support and see what they say. I'll make a note on this post with the results of that.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.