Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggestion, Rep points

2K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Flight Sim Guy 
#1 ·
Hey, Site Admin / Owner

Just a suggestion and maybe it has been brought up before, Dunno, didn't read all of the threads in the forum.

Anyway, the ability to give Reputation points or like a post.

I have read a bunch of posts that I have found very good by some of the members and instead of replying just to say "good post", the ability to like a post or give that member rep points would be awesome.

:thumb:

#7 ·
the only disadvantage I can see is like "Flight Sim Guy" stated, Competition, which I could understand if people were getting paid to be here, but, with it being a completely Volunteer thing, I guess I just dont get it, but, hey, thats just me.

Eitherway, I enjoy it here and will continue to contribute when and where I can. ;) I'll just post Great post when I see one. ;)

You can use the star system in Rate Thread.
This is good for an exceptionally good thread, especially one that stumps people or causes a nice debate but it doesn't honor the person that gives a great reply.

#26 ·
This question is brought up every so often. The answer is and, I think always will be "no".

My personal reasoning is thus: Techsupportforum.com is about answers and solutions to technical problems all end users have. Though TSF attempts to hold a more faithful community than some other computer support forums, the community here is tertiary, built around the primary purpose intended for comfort and friendliness to cushion the typically robotic experience of tech support.

In communities where the bottom line is everyone in it, rather than how they're served, a reputation system makes more sense as people interact on a more personal scale, in an environment that's designed for fun. At TSF, we would like as efficient of a system as possible in getting a user from their problem to a solution and tacking on more community-oriented features may hinder that process in some way or another, even if it's indirect.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

#32 ·
I just ate a 1/2 box of Girl Scout Cookies. I NEVER eat sweets. They were on my desk and I just kept picking up and eating before I knew it 1/2 the box was gone :( I have a sugar rush and want a glass of milk !
Bet that gains me Points for the day :)
Champion Cookie Eater

#33 ·
I just ate a 1/2 box of Girl Scout Cookies. I NEVER eat sweets. They were on my desk and I just kept picking up and eating before I knew it 1/2 the box was gone :( I have a sugar rush and want a glass of milk !
Bet that gains me Points for the day :)
Champion Cookie Eater
Huh? Oh, right. Sarla. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.