Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly, I cannot make cds or dvds using Nero 6. I've updated Nero and then reinstalled the original version with no solution. I cannot burn cds or dvds on the 'first pass', but sometimes can after several tries.

I've worked with the spyware forum, and have been advised it is probably not a spyware problem, and that either XP or Nero is the likely cause.

I used Nero 6 for more than 2 years on this computer and have not changed anything [that I'm aware of].

I have 2 writers attached to the computer [one internal and one external]. Both exhibit the problem, so it's not either drive. I updated the firmware for my external dvd writer [MadDog], and it hasn't had any effect.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
did you try different disks. sometimes you get a crappy spindle.
are the drives showing up correctly in your device manager?
post back

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

I've tried dvd-r and dvd+r [Memorex], and am having the problem when writing cd data and cd audio as well, so it can't be the discs. The error log from Nero reports something like 'invalid track info' and the disc [any of the above mentioned types] is not 'seen' by Nero.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a somewhat similar problem a while ago. I had two different programs (Nero 6 and DVD x copy platinum) that I used for burning. It seems that at some point one of the programs "hijacked" my burner and nothing would work. I got messages like "Drive is being used by another program", "No media in drive" and a few others. I wound up un installing both programs and re installing them. So far that has worked for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem Resolved...thanks To All

Thanks for everyone's help. It turned out the problem was related to the way Nero was installed on my computer. On their site they offer a 'clean install' and 'registry cleaner' download. The registry cleaner repaired a problem in my registry. I regularly run RegSeeker, but evidently RegSeeker did not find this problem. After the cleaning procedure and reinstalling Nero, my writer works flawlessly [as it has for a couple of years].

I've learned much from the advice given here, and am appreciative of all the help.

Thanks to all.....

davidb2989

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.