Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone help me, i bought this new pc recently and since then i was having stuttering issues in almost all games old and new ones, tried a lot of things and nothing works no overclock, im desperate thinking about a hardware problem.

tried:
maximum performancy energy
vsync(i want to play whit vsync on)
formating
lower graphics
multiple vsync options
use ssd( less stutter but its there)
hpet
exploit protection settings

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5
RAM
16,0GB
Motherboard
ASRock A320M-HD (AM4) 37 °C
Graphics
LG ULTRAWIDE ([email protected])
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (Gigabyte) 42 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA ) 33 ° new
931GB Seagate ST1000VM002-1CT162 (SATA ) 36 °C old
1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15EARS-00MVWB0 (SATA ) 37 ° old
PSU
cooler master elite v3 600w

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,463 Posts
Two things that I would look at. First, are you using the Aorus Engine software to setup your GPU? Secondly, it might be your PSU......that's an entry level unit. That unit has a 75% efficiency rating and it's not even a Bronze rating.

I would seriously start looking for a new PSU...one that is at least Silver + or preferably Gold +.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way that can i confirm its the psu? this things are a bit expensive where i live :/

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,463 Posts
Dude....with Covid-19....supply and demand is in full effect. It's expensive everywhere now. I've been waiting on a new PSU for over 2 months now. When they are in stock they're 3 times the price. Nope....I'll just wait.

To answer your question; the only way to test is with a known working good quality 90% efficiency PSU.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,529 Posts
I would agree that a new PSU should be in order. You could look at eBay to buy a slightly used model. Stick with a Seasonic branded unit if you can find one.

·
283 Posts
There are a lot of things that can cause stuttering. You didn't list your ram brand and specifications (the kit model) and the BIOS setting you are using with your ram.

Your rig looks like a pre-built (A320 mobo with and R5 and a 2070 super with the HD config). If it is please list the model number and if you can grab a CPU-Z screenshot of your memory and it's timings and cas latency. Also if it is a a pre-built like Cyberpower or ABS they do not set XMP with the memory they leave it as it is when installed. Even if all you have is DDR2400 MHZ it's absolutely crucial with an AMD system that you set XMP to make sure the default voltage, CL, and sub-timings are correct otherwise you will sometimes be undervolted @ DDR4 2133 speeds (and unstable)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts