Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so couple days ago my printer was working perfectly. today i turn it on and i get clicking noises. i try to print something and it says "collecting printer status" or something like that in the printer queue. anyone know what could have happened?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Of course you checked for paper jams.
Open the printer folder in your control panel, right click and open your default printer, which should have the black check mark next to it. Make sure there arent multiple jobs in queue. If there are cancel them out.
In the device manager, double look for any yellow trouble signs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a canon i445 (kinda old) i've tried opening it up but i dont want to risk wrecking the whole thing.... i looked inside and couldnt see what the problem was, except for some gears that are the source of that clicking ..... im not sure if it'd be a paper jam because the last time i printed everything was perfect ..... i made a short video if anyone wants to see what im taking about about the clicking (its only 2mb) http://petermorawski.com/printer.zip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Printer problems are popular!

I am also having problems with my printer- it's a Canon i550, no clicking noises though. Mine was actually working perfectly last week, then this week, when I try to print, it will give me an "Operator Error, Press printer's RESUME button. If this doesn't clear the error, cancel printing and turn the printer off and back on again." This is insane because I have turned the dang thing off and on, off and on about 820 times. I have tried to unplug it and replug it to see if maybe there was a bad connection, but nothing is working. I even tried to do a deep cleaning, and nozzle check to make sure there were no clogs. Still nothing. When I first turn the printer back on, the green go light comes on, but then after 2 seconds the orange flashing caution light comes on, and I get a failed print error. Please, if anyone knows- I thank you very much! Krista:upset:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.