Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i am new to this forum and my computer has got some serious trouble...... Ok, i m using a Toshiba laptop, few days back it start to stuck on the start up screen, with large Window XP logo..... the hardisk just keep moving but nth happen, even i run it in safe mode, so i decide to use the recovery discs that come with the laptop, and the same problem occurs!!!!! though sometimes i can get in with a long wait. not only stuck on start up, sometimes i can get into the windows but after some time a blue screen appears and it shut down. I wonder the problem is becoause of the hd or virus. if it is the hd y i can still use the recovery disk? if it is virus y it can still here after i use the recovery discs? isnt it use of recovery disc = formmat hd???

btw, i installed sp2 after using the recovery disc, and i was using sp2 be4 that also.

i posted the HJT log in the security forum and expert there suggest me to come here coz my problem is probably related to hardware/operating system.

while running the online virus scan, problem happened again and the blue screen appeared and says:

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

****STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03DDE98, 0xC000000E, 0xF77A6642, 0x12C5D860)

****ftdisk.sys-address F77A6642 base at F779C000 DateStamp 367d8419

Dumping physical memory:

and then count

so i turned it off and the start up was loading real long again, another blus screen showed up........ saying UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.
i didnt write down other stuff again coz it is really driving me crazy...... it doesnt come with the ftdisk.sys btw,

i reckon blue screens appeared 4-5 times and every time it says different things,

and the svchost.exe as shown in the task manager is constantly using the largest amount of memory.

actually i looked at other thread about problem in hd, i ran the ibm hd test by booting up from cd and it says alrite.......

any help will be greatly appreciated and i really need my computer for my exams........

G

·
what kind of recovery did you do ? destructive - non-destructive ? Your best choice is to format the drive ( before the format you have several options: such as filling the drive with zeros with HD's manufacturers Low Level Format Utility or nuking it up with Dban ) and do a fresh installation. I would prefer Dban. Site offers a lot of info. Let us know how you progressed.

Regards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the recovery is destructive, coz i lost all the data in my hdd.

but can i still use the recovery disc to install windows after i format the hdd? coz on the cover of the discs it says the program is already in the hardware. i have no idea wat to do now coz all i have are just these recovery discs.......

is it possible that the problem is cause by any hardware?

btw, my laptop model is Toshiba Satellite M30

thx a lot for ur reply

G

·
Unless the HD has a physical damage ( the test passed so we shouldnt be worrying about this option ) a low level format or dban will set the HD to day oneas it is brand new. This would also wipe off the malware residing on depths of you HD if there is any. Then do the fresh installation of your OS with the recovery cd's that you have. Lets see if it is going to give us anymore errors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for ur reply once again.

I ran the hdd test from IBM/Hitachi again and it said the hdd has a SMART error.....

so wat is that mean? i m not sure if the hdd in my com support SMART btw, and the laptop i m using is Toshiba Satellite M30 which i bought that 1 1/2 years ago, and the hdd is toshiba also (which have no hdd test program)

but seems i can enable and disable SMART in the IBM/HITACHI test program and the status of SMART is BAD.

so do i need to replace my hdd? i really have no clue wat SMART error is all about, is it physical damage or wat????

thx a lot and forgive me if i should ask these in hardware forum

G

·
You eventually will need to replace your HD. But try a low level format or dban first. After installing your OS test your HD again. You might get around it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx so much, so probably the problem is because of the hdd rite? coz if so i will buy a new one straight ahead, without installing windows again on the old one and install and install once more after i have a new one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx so much for ur help and i fixed it up today! i replaced a new hdd on it and it works fine, i wanna upgrade it anyway, haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.