Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sigh, O.K.
I have spent the last 4 hours trying to google some solutions to my problem, but all to no avail :sigh: . Moving on to the point though, I was playing away on my one escape from my boring school life - WoW, when all of a sudden, my computer freezes. Nothing unusual I think, I'm on windows :wink: so I do a hard reset and a cold boot just to make sure. Upon startup everything goes normally, I think great, I'm on my way back to 25 man naxx :grin: , then I get to the windows boot screen ( the one with the little blue loading bar at the bottom) and it loads as normal, then just as it is about to go to my logon screen, I get the dreaded BSOD with a STOP: 0xC00000005 message :eek: . So, I jump on my other laptop ( the one I am currently typing on ) and google some solutions, one of which is to do a NDR, which I do, and all goes well...... untill the boot screen. It get to it, loads for about 20 seconds, then the bar freezes for a second, continues on, then repeats.. and thats it, I figured it had something to do with the repair, so I go take a nap, taking normal checks on it for 2 hours or so, and when I look one time, the screen is black, still on, just blank. And thats as far as I can get, and now, thanks to the repair I did, I cant even access my system through safe mode, for when I try to, I get "Windows Repair Cannot Be Run In Safe Mode, Repair Will Restart" ...... gg Microsoft :upset: . Sigh, anyway, if anyone is able to help me I would be forever greatfull, thank you in advance for your help. :wave:

Edit : Also, reformatting without backing up my hard drive is NOT an option for me, I have several years and MANY computers worth of data on my hard drive, much of witch would not be recoverable any other way.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Post all hardware specs, including power supply wattage and brand.
It sucks that you did the ndr thing, what ever that is. Do you have
a spare video card laying around? Off the top of my head thats
what it sounds like. It will load the xp boot screen, which is in a low
resolution, then when it actually trys to go to the desktop it crashes,
because that is when its using your full resolution.
Could be power supply..
Could be harddrive...
But Im thinking more on the lines of video right now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have been more specific, NDR is a Non-Destructive Repair, and it's not a desktop computer, its a laptop.
I'll give you all the specs i am able to get from the BIOS
-Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz
-2 Gigs Ram
-256mb Nvidia geoforce video card ( i think, its off the top of my head)
-1TB hard drive
its an Acer Aspire 9410 and ive never had any real problems with it before untill this.

And i had no problem getting into safe mode before, its just now that i did the NDR, i get the stupid "Repair cannot run in safe mode, repair will now restart" message, and im back where i started.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:sigh: So nobody knows what to do? Am I basically screwed over and have to waste 5-8 years worth of wallpapers,programs,documents,and alot of other stuff? :cry:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Have you tried slaving the laptop drive, or buying an external case? I believe you can buy external usb cases for laptop hard drives but I'm not 100% on that. They let it act like an external hard drive. That way you can attempt to recover your data.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
If you started a Windows Repair and it didn't finish, you will be in an endless loop. To attempt to recover your data, as mentioned by Dracia, Pulll the HDD out of that laptop and put it in an External USB enclosure. Then hook that up to the working computer. It sounds like your Hard Drive might have some bad sectors or is giving out. To check that run Check Disk utility on the drive through the USB connector to try and correct any errors. If HDD is clicking or making noise, then pull your data off and buy yourself a new HDD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.