Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have AOL so decided to install their FREE anti-virus when it came available. I was using McAfee before that and was very happy with it so, when they told me their new anti-virus was from McAfee, I decided it was a good move. I have had the new FREE AOL anti-virus for almost a year and it has never found a single A/V, spyware, adware or anything else that likes to live in your computer. I have been using the FREE Trend Micro for the past month and find it to be excellent until last week. I like using Trend Micro because I know AOL downloads adware and other small goodies it wants into your computer and it will remove them. It found a virus that it is unable to clean or remove though. Below is the message:
SC0017

We found and were not able to clean or block a virus infected file
(C:\Documents and Settings\Darlene\Local Settings\Temp\
VCQ8FHa04068
Your computer is at risk.
Would you like us to delete this file?

I clicked the OK button and got this message:

SC0022
We were unable to delete the infected file (C:Documents and Settings\Darlene
Local Settings\Temp\VCQ8FHa04068 from your PC.

I have tried to find info on the virus and can't find anything. Can anyone help me remove this virus and give info about it?

Thank you in advance.
Dar

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hello darberg:

Please read this thread

Please download HijackThis . This program will help us
determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click
on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\
Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Post your HJT log in HJT Log Help Forum
and an analyst will help you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help, fredmh.

I downloaded HijackThis but when I tried to run it, this warning came up: C:\hijackthis_sfx.exe is not a valid Win 32 application.

Dell Dimension 2400
Windows XP
AOL

Thanks,
darberg

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.