Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not too sure if it is serious but all winter I have been getting a string cat urine smell from my car 2001 Hinda Civic. At first it seemed as if it was when it was wet outside or when I was reversing. I had brought it to a garage but of course when I reversed I didnt smell it, and then shortly after,the smell came back. Just wondering if anyone knows what this might be?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts
You could have a stray cat curling up for the night in your car somewhere. I have had critters curl up in the air filter... One chewed up the air filter to make a nest...

Beyond that, I'm not a mechanic and never tried to be. I can change an air filter, but that's about it.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,106 Posts
Assuming it has A/C? check the condensate drain tube on the heater box(runs through the firewall behind the motor usually towards the right side) if it gets plugged up the condensate from last years A/C use lays in the bottom of the heater/AC box and stagnates, it can really stink sometimes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming it has A/C? check the condensate drain tube on the heater box(runs through the firewall behind the motor usually towards the right side) if it gets plugged up the condensate from last years A/C use lays in the bottom of the heater/AC box and stagnates, it can really stink sometimes.

It doesn't have A/C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.