Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question but someone from university said they streamlined their originial Windows XP to allow them to add Hotfixes and SP2 and remove stuff they did not need. Therefore i was wondering if it is possible to do something similar with Microsoft Office 2003. As all i really need is word, Excel and Powerpoint. All the rest is unneaded. I know i can choose what i want installed during install but i was wondering to save the hassle if i can streamline my Original Office 2003 CD. To remove all the other programs to leave only those three left on a new CD. Then if this is possilbe would it be possible to streamline this new CD to my Microsoft Windows Professional install CD (i always install windows XP in DOS). To incorperate those three Office Apps on the install CD so everything gets installed at once when installing windows.

Seems like a great idea

So If its possilble how would i do this
Thanks
Anthony

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi Anthony

I suspect that your friend was referring to a technique called slipstreaming. This is where you can integrate XP SP2 with your original installation disc to make an installation disc that now includes SP2 (and othet fixes). Have a look here for a description of what's involved.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

I'm not sure if you can do this with Office
1. I don't think you can integrate Office in this way
2. I think it would possibly need more than one CD (file sizes) (kind of defeats the purpose)
3. It's probably quicker just to install the components you want directly from the Office CD.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.