Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help! I just got a new computer with XP home. Emachines w3506. Everything is OK but I can't play on line video content from either IE or AOL. On IE, it just flashes "Your video is loading" and flashes between stop and play on the control buttons. My DVD works fine, and everything else is fine. What is wrong? Any ideas?

You tube works fine, videos play fine from this site.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi arahod

I'd expect one of your Internet Options settings is in conflict with what the sites you wish to play videos from require. You can take a look at the settings a typical site needs to play videos & try those settings (we'll use the New York Times as an example --- http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/faq/multimediaqa9.html ). Another strategy is to add the sites from which you often view videos to your trusted sites (in the Security tab of Internet Options).

If you feel your favorite media player is at fault, check in EventViewer to see if any errors are showing in the logs that happen at the same time your video fails to play [Start/Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools/EventViewer].

...and, of course, since this is a brand-new machine, you can contact eMachines to see if there are any problems specific to your model.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.