Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, folks. I recently removed (or I'm fairly certain I removed it entirely) a trojan that attacked my computer. I got everything back to normal, but every so often videos run through web pages seem to be a little buggy. Namely, it just flashes a series of colors in lines. I have a screenshot, if folks want me to post it for a better description than I can give (Also, how do I post it? Zip it up or something first I assume? Lemme know.)

Anyways, I'm not sure if that's residual Virus issues or what. I have noticed some folders in my C: and E: drives that are just a collection of random letters and numbers, but from what I recall they've been there since I installed the OS (Windows XP) so I never thought much of them. Still, even when viewing hidden files the ones in my E: drives appear empty and have 'update' folders that I'm not allowed to access.

The ones in my C: drive have update files that are hidden, and seem to be for Service Pack updates. Others have folders labelled 'amd64' and 'i368'. They seem to be filled with legitimate files, but I'll provide more info on those if requested.

Edit; the color glitch also makes the page lag horrifically to the point that I can't refresh it, and have to close it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.