Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my volume up I can here strange sounds coming from my speakers. When a cd is spinning up I hear a whining sound, when I use the mouse to scroll a web page, it sounds like the squeek of a rusty door hinge. Quite annoying...

I know the best answer is, "well dont turn your volume up", but I'm sure there is a better one out there.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could you maybe record those sounds and upload them? Is the noise coming from the speaker or the mouse/cd drive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hobs said:
Could you maybe record those sounds and upload them? Is the noise coming from the speaker or the mouse/cd drive?
The noise is coming from my Creative 5.1 speakers and I have discribed the sound fairly well so trying to record and upload would probably be redundant.

I noticed when I changed to 2 speaker and back to 5.1, it isnt as noticable but still there. A reboot does nothing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar problem with my onboard sound before I updated to an Audigy 2 sound card. I only got the strange sounds when using headphones.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is this an onboard sound solution or a card?

Try to get the most recent drivers. They can sometimes fix unusual problems like this.

Also check that the mainboard/soundcard is properly earthed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Creative Audigy Gamer (Audigy 1 I guess) and as far as everything being grounded or earthed as you say, I believe it is. I checked and I have the latest drivers but on a hunch I re-installed them and the strange noises may be gone. I will have to do some more testing, play some games and use some programs to be sure. It seemed to start about the time I installed World of Warcraft 14 day trial so I will try that next.

Thanks to those who responded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.