Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure were to post this but so sorry if its in the wrong place.
My problem is my PC and my 360 both use my monitor so to save time and effort unscrewing, unplugging, re-screwing and plugging back in VGA cables i bought a multi VGA hub that allows me to switch back and forth between the two but now i have a very annoying repeating shadow affect going on is there a way to fix this?
If anyone can help me I thanks, if not o well.

Attachments

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

I am not picking up the repeated shadow in the attachment you posted, sorry.

Have you made sure the connections are tightly fitted?

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Does this happen when switched to either the 360 or the PC?

Have you tried putting your PC on again as a single connect (i.e. back as it was with the old cables) and if so, does this shadow still appear? If it does, check your settings (refresh rate, etc). Also, try resetting your monitor by unplugging and starting up again - which should degauss the monitor.

Is there anything close to the monitor that might be producing a strong magnetic field - any unshielded speakers or other hardware?

Having tried the above, put the hub back on and connect just your PC and see if the same thing happens, then try with the 360 connected. If it works with a single machine connected, but not both, I would suspect a faulty hub.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure everything is connected as per the instructions, and that this hub is suitable for the hardware connected to it?

My son has a 360 but I don't have much experience of them - I did notice that it has a High Definition setting (for a TV that is) but presumably you need some kind of converter to run on a PC monitor? Is that in place and are any necessary settings correct?

If both the PC and the 360 work OK when connected as single items, I would try another hub.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Check all the above, and as an addition; a shadow effect under an icon/pointer will be in your system settings:

• Start>Run>type: sysdm.cpl and hit enter
  • ..Advanced tab>Performance settings>Visual effects tab

Find it there and uncheck it, apply and restart your computer then see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.