Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the assistant technologist at a small school district. My boss and I have been dealing with and issue on one of our teacher's laptops for a while now.
We have a network set up for our whole school district, and all of our computers are running winXP sp3. Our teachers have to run IE7 in order for their district gradebook to work in conjunction with the school service software.
We have had problems all year it seems with IE7, and have even downgraded some of the teachers' laptops to IE6 or installed Firefox for them to use because of the ongoing issues.
The weird issue we have come across as of late is one teacher not being able to get to google or search on yahoo. She can pull up any other websites, but google will load forever and then time out and the same thing happens when you type a criteria into the search bar on yahoo and hit enter.
We couldn't find anywhere that she may have blocked those sites or added them to a restricted list or anything. I downgraded her to IE6. I even installed firefox and tried it, and the same thing happens.
We worked on it for a few days and finally just let her have it and told her to use msn or lycos or ask.com or some other search engine.
This laptop did recieve a tough to remove bit of spyware prior to the problem.
If anyone has any other ideas as to why she is unable to read only these websites, I would love to hear them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.