Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to try to explain my problem but please bear with me, I am no computer tech :)

Problem #1:
My previous setup was a windows XP SP3 on a RAID. After a while, I started getting a computer wide freeze if I would right click a file on my desktop. I thought that it might have been related to the RAID so I bought a 1.5 tb and kept my old two 300gb drives as back-up.

After a format of one the drive who had my windows and installing it on my 1.5tb I started to re-install very basic programs (Avast!, Msn live, winrar, skype and firefox). And within 2 days of basic use (checking emails, opening .rar with pictures in them) I got the same hang once. I rebooted, it was gone... the next day samething. Now the computer even does it if I try to delete a file while using the DEL key.

When the computer freeze, I can access my task manager, but nothing is "frozen" per say, I can alternate between some program (but are extremely slow) and everything else will hang with the mouse indicating to wait.

I'm pretty confused about this bug. Could this be related to the RAID drivers I had installed on the bios ?!?

Problem #2:
After doing the same re-installed... I noticed that my windows doesn't notice my cd-drive. The weird thing is that I installed windows with the cd-drive?!? (It works in BIOS ... not in windows). I haven't changed any wire from my old set-up where it worked...

Again, confused about this.

Thank you so much for helping me on this :sigh::wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.