Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It wasn't a rant. The point being that my original post was about Microsoft reinstalling Windows to update and with no notice or explanation, and then finding that I couldn't get into it because the password and pin were not accepted. So the theme is being locked out, and not off topic.

But if you want to close the thread that's fine with me - or point me in the right direction and I will do it.

·
Premium Member
41,899 Posts
You should always have a Password Reset USB Flash Drive. You can always turn Automatic Windows Updates to Off. If Windows does an Update that doesn't go well, you can always do a System Restore to a time before the Update. If the Update is the Bi-annual Windows Upgrade, you have 15 days after it completes to revert it back to the previous version of Windows. You have choices, You can ditch Windows all together and Run Linux, there are alternative Linux programs to the Windows programs you run in Windows 7.
But if you just want to Rant, and not have any other questions, there is this lovely place in the forum for off topic conversation https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/offline.36/

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I can't see a way for me to close this thread, so perhaps a moderator can do the necessary.

I didn't come onto the site to be insulted, and I don't intend to get drawn into an argument.

·
Premium Member
41,899 Posts
I'm sorry if you feel that I was insulting you. That was not my intention.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,943 Posts
And so the story comes to an end. Thread closed. Solved? Maybe. 👢

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.