Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago i had to order a fan to cool off my Nvidia 5700VE video card whoose fan had broke, it has done just as fine as the old fan, and the new problem im having may not even have anything to do with the video card but i need help.

Anyways when i used to have overheating problems it would be like 30 mins before it konked out and i had to restart the computer to revive and use it, not to mention the graphics were just jarbled and i could still see the screen, and it affected all games. But with my new problem, only a month later, the game lastes about 10 mins then the screen goes completly black, sometimes it might come back within a min or so, then other times it goes out completly, I only have to restart the game to get it to work, and sometimes I'll get lucky and get to play for like 30 mins, but thats rare. The only games I have played so far and had this happen are CS:S and my newly purchased Day of Defeat: Source. Is this something fixable? I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled the new nvidia driver, and the newest beta driver after that didnt work, which apparently hasnt worked either. Any suggestions from similar problems?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if you don't have a friend that will put it in for you see if you can borrow a video card to pop in,it does not have to be the latest just one that works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.