Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i wasn't sure where to put this thread. So if you feel like it should be moved, be my guest.

Anyway, i reformated my computer and reinstalled Windows XP today. As usual i started off by installing all the drivers and fixed all settings. Everything went very smooth until i wanted to listen to some music. I played a song, but it didn't sound right. It was very wavy, and the singing was almost completely muffled out. Some notes didn't work right and it was just strange in general.

So to try out the sound i went to youtube. It was the same here. The sound, especially when someone spoke, was very choppy and wavy. I really don't know what causes this. The only thing i could think of is that it could be the drivers. But i've installed them, and i've never had this problem after a reformat before. I also doubt that the speakers are broken since i didn't have the problem earlier today, before the reformat.

I hope someone can provide a good and fast answer. Thanks!
/Max

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,454 Posts
Hi make and model of the computer please or if a custom build the make and model of the motherboard,if you have a seperate sound card please list it's make and model also,have you checked in device manager for any error flags either a yellow ! or red X

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi make and model of the computer please or if a custom build the make and model of the motherboard,if you have a seperate sound card please list it's make and model also,have you checked in device manager for any error flags either a yellow ! or red X
Hey, i have a custom build with an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Checked the device manager, everything looks good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi check the settings in soundmax
I've checked them, and i notice nothing out of the ordinary. Is there anything special i should look for?

Edit: I fiddled around with the settings for a while, and there was some DTS Neo:pC setting that was messing with me. It was set to cinema, but should've been on music. I don't know. Anyway, it works now. Thanks anyway! =)

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,454 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the help Joeten, i've resolved the issue now:

I fiddled around with the settings for a while, and there was some DTS Neo:pC setting that was messing with me. It was set to cinema, but should've been on music. I don't know. Anyway, it works now. Thanks anyway! =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.