Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My computer has been running quite slowly lately. I have McAfee installed on my computer and I preformed a full scan and it removed a couple Trojans (W32/Koobface.worm.gen.u, Artemis!C82D3856C19E, Artemis!147CF9DC0A35,Generic.dx!fuz,GameVance) I scanned with McAfee again after it had removed/quarantined these viruses and it didn't find anything. I also scanned with Ad-Aware, removed the spyware, and scanned again to ensure it was all gone--it didn't find anything on the last scan.
Later on, after these scans, a McAfee popup came up which said it has removed a trojan (Generic.dx!heq).

I also installed STOPZilla and it claims it found a some trojans, but McAfee doesn't find anything when I scan now. What I am wondering is: is the STOPZilla program detecting real threats (since McAfee doesn't find anything)? In order to have STOPZilla remove the trojans I need to buy it, so I don't want to buy it if it is not really detecting anything that is a real trojan.

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello alyssa4,

Do not purchase STOPzilla. There are several excellent anti malware programs for free, that are much more trustworthy which I shall advise you on later in this thread.

Based on what your onboard AV has already detected and removed, I'll need you to follow the instructions in our sticky topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.