Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i cannot remember what is the setting that stops the synchronization.
I am logging into a computer in the same domain I am registered and soon after I log in I can see the local C:\ drive shrinking until it gets to 0 MB. I don't know exactly where and what stuff it goes on to it, however, I would try to stop the synchronization - I know I have to uncheck a check box but i don't remember where ...
can anyone help please?

thanks,
kowalsky

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you saying you are on a network with more than 2 computers and that you logged onto 1 of them, and then while still being logged on to the first one, you logged into the second one? Which is then causing your problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolfreak,
thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I am saying. I am logged on my machine, I have all my stuff in My Documents.
Then when I log into another machine, that one starts inflating it's C:\ drive unitl it gets filled 100%.
What seting do I need to do on this second machine to stop this synch process?
Thanks,
kowalsky

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Do you need to be logged into both computers at the same time? Unless you absolutely need to be, I would think that would be a security concern. If you do need to be, how many computers are connected through your network? Is it a company network? Or just a home network?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well,
I guess I need to be logged into both machines - I am notorious for doing the minimum necessary ...

Anyway, what I was looking for is Satrt->My Computer->Tools->Synchronize... click Setup and uncheck any items in the list ... In my case there were 5 different paths to 5 different network locations for 5 different users that logged at one time or another on this machine - as the synchronization was set up, everytime one of these users logged on this machine, potentially any new file from their profile would be copied locally to this machine on the C:\ drive under Documents and Settings\someProfile\... I am still not 100% clear how this process runs, because most of the stuff relating to my profile now is pointed at only (the icon for most of the folders has an arrow on top of it) so that's not eating up much space since it's only a link - however, I got big files on my Desktop, and those are present on the other machine (copied not linked).

Can anyone shed some more light on this?
thanks,
kowalsky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.