Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A few days ago I posted about having stop errors on an old PC.
When the PC started with these errors some months ago, I just went and bought a new one. Last week out of bordom, I plugged it in and ultimately was able to install a game and play briefly. Unfortunately after attempting to update the bios and video drivers, the stop errors returned.

Now after trying to get around the stop errors again, I have run into a new problem. "NTLDR is missing", I googled and ended up downloading bootable iso files (ntldrfixes,boot.ini) and tried following directions. I tried using a bootable disk checker also. I am now getting past the NTLDR messege, but I am now only getting into the "Caldera DR-DOS" wich runs through a scan, then leaves me at a "DR-DOS a:\" prompt. Is this NTLDR error associated with the previous stop errors? Or if I fix the NTLDR problem will i still have the stop errors?
Iam almost about to give up, but it would really be cool to actually figure out what went wrong with this PC.

P

·
0 Posts
Probably whatever was causing the errors corrupted the OS and now the system doesnt see the necessary files to launch the OS. Why dont you try a fresh install of windows ? ( if the hd is not dead )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.