Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to load Windows XP on a laptop that has no OS. I recive the message "Press any key to boot from CD." I press a key, the system begains loading files then, I recive this message "STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xF75dd0BF, 0xF7A29208, 0xF7A28F08)
Pci.sys – Address F75DD0BF base at F75D6000, DATESTAMP 3b7d855c"

Can someone help me

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visitng Expert
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same issue, but without any connection to any "card" stuff... It's the SATA driver problem I assume.
In my home computer I had to remove all CD-ROMs(3), has connected only one of them, to the main slot. Only by then, it has installed the XPx64.
In the HP Pavilion Laptop I have, I had to build a new XP installation CD, by nLite program, with the SATA driver that fit the Lap.
I'm not sure, that it's the exact answer, but still.... It has worked for me... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is what I found out, after loosing all of my information and doing a complete reinstall. In my case it was because my sytem has an AMD chip and not an Intel chip. It seems that when service pack 2 is installed it changes the registry to an Intel chip set. Here is the article from Microsoft on how to fix the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356/en-us
It was too late for me, but maybe it can help someone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.