3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, please help me!!

Acer Aspire 5630
Intel Core 2 Duo T5200
Nvidia GeForce Go 7300
2 gig ram

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop: 0x0000000a (0x00000000,0x00000001c,0x000000001,0x80500946)

I downgraded to XP sp3 from Vista, have been having many problems, but I think I corrected most of them.

Right now, the BSOD comes on when the laptop is moved. Laptop is plugged in and battery is installed.

I checked the hdd, ran memtest, etc., nothing wrong.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the laptop appears to be problem free when it is still. Also, I noticed that when u first boot it up, and move it around, it doesn't get the BSOD. However, as the computer has warmed up, then it crashes. I have used speed fan, hw monitor to check the temperature, and also ran a laptop cooling pad, but it still gets that BSOD when the laptop is moved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test - full analysis and the exerciser. No problems.

I then rebooted the laptop. XP loaded, and then I went to put the laptop down, and then I got this BSOD.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your compter. ...(no irql error)
Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC000001D, 0x89B852F6m 0xB544E474, 0x00000000)

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
OK - if the drive is good, then you likely have a loose ribbon or other cable connection. There aren't that many actual moving parts in a laptop (possible the cpu heatsink is loose or the fan has problems though).

This would mean disassembly and checking.

Before that, check temps using Everest or similar and literally, with the display showing them, move the laptop.

Outside of that, I have no ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.