Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if this is a known issue or whats the case. My system has an onboard SiS 7012 Audio device (I hope, thats teh driver I'm using, anyway)
The odd thing is the stereo channels are reversed. Now I know some games/programs allow you to flip teh stereo, but I'm wondering if theres a general way do do that system wide.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
It could be a driver issue, or perhaps that's not the correct driver. Why not just move the speakers? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, that's how I'm dealing with it so far, but its a pain when I wear headphones. THey don't fit quite right backwords.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dashkal,
like always, easiest things first:

•I know it will sound st'pid, but,
Make sure the output cables from your sound card to your amplifier (if using one),
and from your amplifier to your speakers are plugged ok (LEFT/RIGHT, etc)
Plug the headphones directly into the sound card to see what happens.

•Did the Sound work in a normal way before?
•Does it happens systemwide? (Applications/Games/CD's) etc.
•Have you been installing/uninstalling/connecting/disconnecting stuff inside the case?
If you did, make sure you plugged the SoundCard's sound cable (the thin one, it goes
from the S.Card to your CD-ROM) in the right way. I won't hurt if you switch the cable
to see what happens. I've seen that happening once before.
•I'm with johnwill here, it's probably a driver issue.

When it comes to computers, "hoping" doesn't help much, you MUST be sure of what device
you have, before installing a driver for it. :D :D :D

kup,
thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the same problem with headphones...Some media players allow me to reverse the speakers and some don't. They go back to default when I close the program. I haven't looked but you can probably find a reversed stereo adaptor online or places like Radio Shack...you could do it yourself if you have a soldering iron.

You could also buy several adaptors and let the middle one reverse the signal if you can't find a single adaptor.

or go wireless:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.