Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have had this problem for a while. I can always hear a static noise through my headset/speakers, which ever is plugged in. I noticed today my PC Speaker was unmuted and on full volume. I turned it right down and muted it but this only lowered the noise. How can I totally get rid of this annoying noise?

Thanks alot :)

Aquila

I am not sure which section to post this in so could someone let me know
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
static noise

I dont know how to get rid of it, but I have to unplug my speakers every night as even when PC is switched off i still get the noise.... it keeps me awake....

C

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good Afternoon Aquila,

The issue you have stated leaves a lot of open doors as to issue you are having.

Issues could be from magnets and interference you are receiving on the speakers, moving the speakers away from a magnetic device such as your monitor, does this resolve the issue.

Plugging in headphones, do you receive the same type of static sound coming from the pc? if so you can follow the following advice to make sure that the PC sound card is installed correctly (note you will need the sound drivers ready to be re-installed should this pc not be an OEM machine.)

Click Start > Control Panel > Performance and maintenance > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers

In here you will see your sound card, Multimedia Audio Controller > Right click on this, see Uninstall? Left click, Click ok to the message that comes up.

Once this has done restart the machine.
Once restarted, install the sound drivers, see if this causes the same issue to be heard.

Should option 1 and 2 not work, I would suggest checking the speakers on a CD player or Hifi system, to see if you have the same results, as this would determine whether this is a speaker issue.

Same goes for you charlee, check these for me, and reply back when tested! :)

Cheers,
Slathe

·
Registered
595 Posts
Try downloading and installing the latest audio drivers.
Seeming how it happens with both the headset and speakers, we can probably eliminate bad speakers - unless by an odd chance both are blown.
If it persists, try replacing the sound card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.