Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I have laptop computer with Audigy2 ZS soundcard. When I am connecting regular computer speakers to my soundcard everything is ok, but when I'll try to connect my Samson monitor speakers to the soundcard I am getting loud static humm. Can anybody tell what I am doing wrong and how do I get red of it.:4-dontkno

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It sounds like the connection itself, or worst case the speakers, by the fact it works fine apart from those speakers suggests that all is well with your card etc, I would tend to look at the plug on the problem speakers, is it the same size as the other one ? are you sure it's plugged in firmly (and in the right socket) ? and can you plug them into anything else to see if they sound fine from there ?
the times I've had noise like that is due to the connection not quite sitting right, see if that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monitor speakers looks fine . There is no humm when I am connecting them to my DJ mixer. I get humm only when I am connecting them straight to the computer and I got this static humm also when I connected DJ mixer to the soundcard. And It doesn't make any difference if I take signal from "headphones out" plug or "speakers out" plug, I am still getting that noise. It might be the cables. I will try today different cables and let you know.:4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If those cables work ok in another system then I doubt it's them, and TBH the only thing left when you reach that stage is the plug itself, take a look at the 2 jack plugs involved, see if one is bigger or has more ribs etc than the other, it's as though the problem plug is earthing somewhere when plugged into the soundcard, see how each of the jacks look when plugged in, I'm betting there is some difference albeit a minor one that is causing this, and if the plugs look identical then plug in the problem jack and set something playing, then ever so slightly take it out, NOT pull it right out, just a tiny fraction (1 or 2 mm say), see if the hum stops then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.