Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My Toshiba laptop has been randomly crashing/freezing with colorful static on the monitor and loud static noise from the speakers (usually if I'm on youtube). This has been happening on and off for months. Sometimes it just crashes to a black screen and restarts but often it does the dramatic crashing. I don't have a good connection to go downloading troubleshooting stuff and I have no idea if its the battery, the video card, a virus (because rarely on boot-up the microsoft security essentials is turned off or malwarebytes has an error about root-kits that doesn't come up again when its restarted), or what. I don't know what to google to even start finding answers to this problem and I need help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so, I have tried scouring the Event Viewer in the past and have never been able to make heads or tails of it. So I went through it when my computer crashed twice yesterday and will list below major highlights to see if someone can figure out what is going on.

1. Critical - Kernel-Power/Event ID 41 - The system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
2. Error - Kernel-EventTracing/Event ID 3 - Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D.
3. Error - EventLog/Event ID 6008 - The previous system shutdown at [time] was unexpected.
4. Warning - Wd/Event ID 1 - The system watchdog timer was triggered.
5. Information - FilterManager/Event ID 6 - [five of these happened around the crash time, I'll list the names here of each but not the code since I can go back to look them up if they're important] "FileInfo" "MpFilter" "mbamchameleon" "luafv" "MBAMProtector" have successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
6. Information - Kernel-Processor-Power/Event ID 26 [four of these] - Processor 0 [1,2,3] in group 0 exposes the following: 3 idle state(s), 8 performance state(s), 8 throttle state(s).
7. Information - PCCUJobMgr/Event ID 34 [same for IDs 35, 36, 37] - [I can attach a picture for this one if it's important because it would be too long to type out.]
8. Information - Kernel-Power/Event ID 89 - ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\THRM has been enumerated. [many stats underneath this one here too that can be posted if it's important].
9. Information - Search/Event ID 1003 - The Windows Search Service started.
10. Information - User Profile Service/Event ID 1531 - The User Profile Service has started successfully [it stopped, Event ID 1532, two mins after this].
11. Information - WMI/Event ID 5611 - The Windows Management Instrumentation service has detected an inconsistent system shutdown.
12. Information - Service Control Manager/Event ID 7032 [has over 300 logs for it that I wasn't going to write down unless someone knows for sure if this is also important or not].
13. Information - Winsrv/Event ID 10001 - The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: mbam.exe [this was about 50 mins later while I was going through event viewer copying down other stuff for an hour].
14. Information - UserPnP/Event ID 20010 - One or more of the Plug and Play service's subsystems has changed state. Plug Play install subsystem enabled: 'true'; Plug Play caching subsystem enabled: 'true'. [changed to 'false' on and off after that since logging back in].
15. Information - Dhcp-Client/Event ID 50036 - DHCPv4 [DHCPv6 also] client service is started. [Event ID 50067 of Dhcp-Client network hint 2456C6B696E6E233931424 for Network Card with network address 0xE0CA949BA7FE.
16. Information - Event ID 61703 - Mbamchameleon failed to obtain file name information [multiple instances].

So that's as much as I could go through, I hope there's something in there someone can decipher on what is causing my computer to crash. Is it battery or power saver or a rootkit virus or youtube messing my computer up if I watch it too long or have too much open at once? I can't tell you for certain. Any help is appreciated, I can't afford a new computer or a hundred or more dollar repair right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No seriously it's getting worse. This has been occurring every day more than once for the last three weeks now (before it was maybe every day to every other day) and I'm losing project files because they get corrupted when the computer crashes while I'm trying to save.
I'm getting new error messages, Kernal-PowerTracing Event ID 3 - Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D (opcode: stop) and several Application Hang Event ID 1002 for a few programs (Filmora, Explorer.exe, RPGMaker VX Ace).
Any starting answers that could point me in the right direction would be any help at all, please!
I'm working on a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 service pack 1, Satellite C655, Intel(R) CORE i-3-2350M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, installed memory ram 6GB, 64-bit operating system, have system failure settings to small memory dump, and no allowed remote access to the computer. I am grasping at straws here.

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,861 Posts
You can rule out the battery by running on AC power or even running on AC power with the battery removed.

Typically, crashes, and especially shutdowns, are hardware related. Could simply be overheating, or there is an actual hardware fault (which is likely just triggered by heat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.