Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I un-installed Windows Defender on Windows XP Pro. Now some of the auto startup programs don't start at Windows bootup though they did startup when I had Defender installed. I was able to get some of the programs to autostart eventually, by checking the option to start at bootup; it took several attempts though.

I also checked the option to autostart on the other autostart programs. After reboot, the option to autostart remains unchecked. Some of the programs will autostart sometimes, but most of the time not. Using the program "Autostart Explorer", I can see all of the programs that are supposed to start in the registry. Winpatrol also shows all of the autostart programs including the ones that don't autostart.

I have a virtual drive program, Returnil virtual system 2008, and is turned off. I don't think it is causing the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are there more then 1 program that may be`conflicting each other, where one is trying to autostart a program and the other trying to stop a program
That's very possible. I used to run a program called "StartRight" that would delay the loading of the autostart programs to keep them from conflicting. It worked very well. That program doesn't work right at the moment either. StartRight shows the programs in the Startup folder and doesn't load 'any' of them. Don't know what is causing that problem either.

I install and un-install lots of programs. I'm wondering if a stray DLL file might be causing the problem?

I'll probably copy a link of the programs that don't start to the Startup folder later. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.