Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was on my computer, it suddenly shut down, and when I tried to reboot I only hear some beep sounds from the computer, but nothing happens and the screen stays black, like when the computer is off while the screen is on.

Why does this happen?

the sound is like this: long beep, short beep, short beep, short beep, and a "dut"
____ __ __ __ .

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Looks like a long a two short tones are video failure. Try to reseat your video card. If this does not work, try another one.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Reseat not reset,take the card out and then put it back making sure it is in firmly.
Don't forget to ground yourself first by touching the chassis or a metal object as static electricity in your body could fry the card.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ops, my bad -razz: ... I tried to reseat it, but it didn't help. still get the 1 long beep and 3 short

·
Registered
19 Posts
dammit... seems to me like I have to get a new computer.
Just bought a new motherboard (thogh it's not a new model...) because the old one was broken, and if I buy a new video card, somthing else is will probably get broken.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Sometimes it is cheaper to just replace the computer than try to fix it. With $300-500 computers out there, sometimes it is time to move on. You should be able to use your monitor and printer. Sometimes you can even reuse your Os. If so, look into barebone pc deals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.