Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning and thanks for reading:

I have a Dell Dimension L500r Pentium Processor (500). Running Win98SE on a LAN.

I hate to say we've had this problem for many years, but it has gotten to the point of really being unusable.

The problem is that when the power button is pushed, 4 out of five times the green light will turn on, I can hear the processor fan start, the keyboard lights blink...and that's it. It does nothing else. The monitor light just blinks, so I know it is not receiving a signal. So the one out of five times it starts, the OS will lock up within seconds about 3 out of 5 times. I thought it might be a power issue (we had one like that before), so I replaced the power supply with an OEM 300 W( for a little extra boost). Nope...no change. I finally got it on and running, I reiinstalled the OS which fixed some registry errors and cleaned out all superfluous junk. Has 256 megs, so there should be enough memory...we're not running any memory hog applications.

Any ideas? I thought it might be a bad motherboard...in that case I'll just get a new computer.
:mfight: :jackson: :4-whip:

G

·
open up your case and check for inflated or rusted capasitors on the motherboard if you are suspicious about the mother board. Also to hunt the problem you may need to run several different tests. check this out. Should be very handy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.