Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... okay here's the situation

I know a girl who was trying to send me some stuff from her cell phone so she couldn't find the CD, i sent her a link for the program to download (from the Nokia website), she did, installed it, but as soon as it finished her computer restarted.

And each time it loads, goes straight to the windows loading screen, then a black screen with the white cursor. She can't go into safe mode etc either. It keeps doing the same thing.

She has vista... is it possible because the file is not compatible with vista? She doesn't have the Vista CD, if she has one, could she repair it or whatever?

Basically, does it seem like there's any way around it besides re-formatting?

... i may be able to get a back up disk from a friend (note this is not the same DVD or from the same computer that I'm talking about... does that matter... if it's a different CD key or whatever?)

So, in theory, if a backup DVD... or Vista DVD is used just for startup... the repair option should be able to restore things (including all the files and stuff)?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks a lot!

I'll try it.... just pop it in and then boot the computer right? realistically... what do you think the chances are of it working with reformatting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.