Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just re-installed Windows XP, and I've run into a problem starting up.
When I turn on my computer, it says something along the lines of "No Start Up Disk, Please Insert One And Press Enter"
The only way I can get it to boot up is if I restart with the Winxp install disk in the dvd drive.
I've reinstalled twice and this keeps happening. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.

·
Security Team , Visiting Trainee (247)
1,070 Posts
Hello, as soon as your pc starts or boot keep pressing, del, f1 or f10. Generally del works which is the delete button by the way. This will allow you to access the BIOS, it looks like a blue screen with lots of advance feature, now here look for something called boot order, device boot up or device priority. It will be named something like that try going through different settings and you should find it, by the way do not change anything else.

Once you have found it, change the boot order so that the hard drive then CD rooom boot. So boot 1=HD 2=CD etc. Click save and exit.

·
Security Team , Visiting Trainee (247)
1,070 Posts
Hi, have you tried resetting you BIOS. Disconnect all cables from the computer, then open the case, there is a battery lithium calles CMOS remove it by using your nail or a sharp tool gently, then leave the pc for a little awhile. Then put this battery back on and it should go back to default.

By the way, when you have the CD inserted does it allow you to login to windows normally? or does it take you to XP installation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.