Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to reorder my start menu and organize it? I just dont know why when i go and tight click the start button and choose explore all users it is diff from the actuall menu. Like for example outlook doesnt show up in explore all users? And i changed the name of a folder and it doesnt show? What to do?>..:tongue:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no that not what i am looking for i just need to know if like when i am reordering my start menu.... usuall i go to open all users in the right click of the start button i make the folders there and then reorder it by draging the item from the acuall start menu into the folder. And if something dont show up in open all users part i copy it there so it does i just dont know if this is bad for my pc. can i mess up my system by doing this?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
you're just moving "shortcuts", it's no big deal. Unless of course, you're moving a shortcut of a shortcut.

The Start Menu is a combination of the items in "your" account and All Users account.

If you go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Start Menu\Programs

I'm willing to bet that you'll see Outlook listed there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no i didnt i dont know why it does that but what i do is i open all users then i make folders. THen from there i drag the items from the acual start menu to the folders i want them in. To make out look express (which i dont even use) appear i draged it from the folder it was in under the start menu into the same folder in the open all users folder because the folder. Is that okay i may take up more space on disk but i just like them to be consistant with eachother for easier managment.

oh by the way in that location you gave me even less show none of the folders even show. i Just hope that i dont mess up my pc. thats all i need to know

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Don't worry about taking up space. Each of those shortcuts are like 8kb.

Are there other users on the computer?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
If you really want to know where that shortcut to outlook is, then right click on outlook in the start menu > properties > general tab > location

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.