Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is hard to explain but will give it a try. When I go to the Start menu the columns are too wide, that is I should be seeing 4 columns but only 3 can be seen. If I increase the resolution enough the fourth column will show up or (least part of it) but the print is way too small. If I increase the font size so it is readable I loose the column.

I have seen this before, a while back I was having problems with fake cd drives showing up in explorer and installed Norton partition magic to check the partition it found an error and fixed it. I then saw that the columns had gotten big. I uninstalled partition magic and the columns went back to normal.

It has been fine since that time, I did installed MS Visual Studio about a week or so ago but did not notice if things had changed or not, as I never went to the start menu to run it. A few days ago I decided to start work on a project and when I went to the start menu that is when I saw that the columns were too big (wide) for all entries to be shown. My question is there a setting or registry entry that governs how wide the columns are?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have done a search in regedit for start menu found a ton of stuff but not what I'm looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.