Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

A few months ago I fully uninstalled Office 2010. It's completely removed from the computer.

However it still shows up in the start menu as shown here.

When I click on this start menu entry nothing at all happens

When I right click on it nothing at all happens (on all other start menu items I can right click and say "open file location" but on this one nothing happens at all when I right click)

I looked for it in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" but there is nothing there for this icon.

I tried this command in Admin powershell to force a refresh
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I also tried check disk to check for errors.

None of the above worked and I'm just about out of ideas

I created a new user account and the icon doesn't show up on the start menu of that new user account so that is one solution.

The question is do you have any ideas of how to fix this without going to the extreme length of creating a new user account and copying all data over?

Thanks

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,850 Posts
Browse to this location C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Which is the startup location for Your Specific User profile.
If you have no other versions of Microsoft Office on your computer, I would also browse to C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office and delete the MS Office folders there as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts