Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if this is the right place for this type of prblem, I dont know much at all about this stuff. I tried searching around but I only found stuff about this with different drivers.

My problem is I just rebooted my pc yesterday, and after logging into windows and getting to the desktop, there was ared msg that popped up from avast antivirus saying it couldnt update or something, then it my pc rebooted, ever since after I logged into windows there was a sound like you hear when you get an error message, then my pc rebooted or crashed, and it keeps happening, I used safe mode and looked at the event viewer and it says:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Aavmker4
FileDisk
Fips
NPPTNT
Processor

I went to the link it says to goto for more information but it only says to verify you have the latest drivers and stuff, i'm not sure how to do that or even what drivers I have..

My main concern is, is this a something that can be fixed, or can it be a hardware problem and my pc is just screwed, its pretty old though, like 5 years or so, never had any problems like this before :x.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a search on this listed that many causes it made your head swim
boot into the recovery console and run first
chkdsk /r
then try
fixboot
it could be virus or malware related if the above does not work do the five steps
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968
security will advise on how to do it from safe mode
Thanks for the relpy, but what exactly do I do to "boot into the recovery console and run first
chkdsk /r
then try
fixboot"

and these steps, one of the programs it listed as optional removals but recommended is messenger plus, could that be the cause of the drivers failing to load, because I just installed that a little while before I rebooted and this started.

I am also doing one of those online scans atm.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
boot from the xp cd and choose install
when it says press R for repair
press R and you will be in the recovery console

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, thanks, but I don't have the windows xp cd >.<.

But I uninstaled messenger plus and now theres only one driver that fails to load: fileDisk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I did that and it said volume was clean, but now it says all the drivers failed again instead of just filedisk at startup.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
post a hijack log in the hijack log forum for the experts to guide you on removal
we cannot help only qualified security members can help you with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.