Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Who else here has been waiting TOO long for SC2 to be released? I've seen beta matches and it's going well, just rather slow. I was expecting the game to be done by now (Dec. 09). It was scheduled to be out long ago. So, with that said, sign this petition and one day it will be shown to Blizzard to tell them their gamers say, "Speed it up!" Ugh. No StarCraft this Christmas.:sigh:

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
I would sign that but I prefer my games not to be rushed and contain bugs. They are also working on diablo 3 at the same time. When it comes out, it comes out. Pressuring them only makes them rush, and rushing will make the game junk. Besides coding games doesn't happen overnight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody remember StarCraft Ghost? It was a game that took so long to develop that Blizzard cancelled it. You want the same to happen for SC2? It's way overdue. Also, StarCraft was first released in what year? '95 or something? It's over 10 years later and the sequel still isn't out!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Except Starcraft 2 isn't Starcraft: Ghost. Starcraft 2 does not have the same problems as Starcraft: Ghost did. Be patient, Blizzard is almost finished with the game; it will come out perhaps mid 2010 if not earlier.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
I will have to admit blizzard is slow. I mean the d2 1.1.3 patch and ladder reset are almost a year overdue. But you act as if we all sign this petition they will finish tomorrow and all the bugs will be finished. Just be patient.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Online petitions for games don't really work. You need to wait, play a different game. Try to forget about it. I would rather wait a year than to get a game with major and minor bugs. Minor bugs in RTS games annoy me the most anyway.

They will not rush development for a select few that are gonna buy it when it comes out anyway, think MW2 Boycott. Now they would probably move a little faster if you got most of the Korea(I think that's where Starcraft tournaments are) players to boycott it. But still highly unlikely.

Blizzard is also known to release games with the least amount of bugs and quality games, Who here still plays Starcraft, WC3, Diablo 2? You continue to play them because they are good games.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
I can't say they are the quality games. There was a major exploit found on warcraft 3.

http://www.dota-blog.com/2009/04/warcraft-custom-map-virus-important.html

Warcraft Custom Map Virus, a Must Read! There's been a big fuss lately on Battle.net because a new exploit has been circulated amongst hackers. The exploits allows for acustom map to execute arbitrary code on a client and install trojans/viruses/keyloggers outside of the Warcraft III engine. In simple words, by just join an unknown person who host the Warcraft III virus map, your pc will be infected when the game started. And Dota is now become the largest target of this virus. This is not hoax or rumor, Dota-Allstars forums (and Battle.net forums) already stickied this topics. I really recommend that you read this article until finish for your own good.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well I don't think the WC3 virus necessarily detracts from the quality of the game itself, just the "least bugs" part and polish of the code. But I agree that Blizzard's games are, while often extremely good, not perfect.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
Well he said least amount of bugs, and I don't think a virus exploit would be a small bug.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
I'd figured quality would cover bugs. I mean, if you were to buy shoes with holes in them would you consider them high quality? Now just replace the holes with bugs and the shoes with a program :). I wouldn't consider buggy software to be quality.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
You SC2 players should be happy.. Diablo 3 is even further back in Blizzard's plans. (They'd rather support WORLD OF WARCRAFT, because it earns lots more money... who cares about making good games when there's MONEY to be made??)

Some time ago, Blizzard announced Diablo 3 wasn't even part of their 2010 plans.. THAT is ridiculous and plain stalling for extra hype (IMO), Starcraft 2 hasn't been delayed quite so much, although the fact that they're releasing the extra campaigns as expansion packs just puts another tick in Blizzard's "Evil and Avaricious" checkbox.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
WoW is really screwing up blizzard. I'll be honest, WC3, Sc, and diablo really seem to be neglected.

·
Registered
57 Posts
(They'd rather support WORLD OF WARCRAFT, because it earns lots more money... who cares about making good games when there's MONEY to be made??)

Some time ago, Blizzard announced Diablo 3 wasn't even part of their 2010 plans.. THAT is ridiculous and plain stalling for extra hype (IMO), Starcraft 2 hasn't been delayed quite so much, although the fact that they're releasing the extra campaigns as expansion packs just puts another tick in Blizzard's "Evil and Avaricious" checkbox.
That's the unfortunate truth :sigh: . I am no longer looking forward to D3 simply because no one knows when it will be released. If I had to guess, I would say 2011 Q3.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.