Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When putting the computer in standby, the power supply and case fan doesn't turn off. I had to change the motherboard because my old one broke and since then this problem started. I was wondering if there are settings to change in Windows or if it has some settings I have to change in the motherboard or the jumpers might be wrong. Or if the motherboard doesn't somehow support standby, but Im not sure how to find that out. Thanks for any reply

·
Banned
81 Posts
Are the fans going crazy? Or are they justing spinning at a moderate speed? And do they ever turn off? If it turns off after a few minutes, and if the fans aren't going nuts, you are fine. Check you computer temps, that is what generally determines (if all is working as it should) how fast/ how much the fans are on. If you are overheating that might be another issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The case fan in the computer is always running at the highest it can go, and it never turns off at all even while the computer is on. Before it used to only turn on when the computer was hot, but now it is always on. I checked the temperatures too and they are all fine. around 30. and while in standby it still runs at the highest possible and same with the powersupply.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are the fans connected correctly to the motherboard?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is it connected correctly? Right slot, etc.

Is this the ONLY component that doesnt switch off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there was only one spot to put the fan into on the motherboard, and it was the same as the old one. The fan doesn't turn off and neither does the powersupply when it is put in standby.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it is supposed to stay on when in standby mode, to make sure you power up afterwards, and that it keeps cool.

Is it a big problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.