Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standby used to work on my computer (Athlon 950). However, over the last couple of months, a message comes up saying:
"... cannot go on standby because a device driver or program won't allow it. Close all programs and try again."
But there are no programs running that I can tell. I did an End Task on just about everything, but it still says that. It may be caused by a program we installed, but how do I determine what it is? Then, how do I fix it without uninstalling the program? Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is Windows 98. We did install a new video card with its driver some time ago, but we cannot remember if we were having the problem before that or not. I don't think we noticed it right off or we would have made the connection. Anyway, it is AGP Voodoo 3, 3500 card. For new software, we did download Morpheus; I don't think we added any new software before this started happening. It has been going on for some time. I don't know how to discover what might be keeping it from going on standby. Thanks for trying to help. If you have any ideas or helps, I'd appreciate it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did as you said and ran the Power Management Troubleshooter (Pmtshoot.exe), which was on my Windows 98 CD. It came up with several Fails, all of which have to do with the 3dFx Voodoo3 3500. However, I don't know what to do to remedy the situation. If you know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did download that voodoo tools file, same number, etc. from that site (voodoofiles). Anyway, I went through whatever it said about unzipping and went through the directions, but what does it do, or what do I have to do with it? It's in this computer somewhere, but do I have to call it up somehow, or what? As it is right now, standby still doesn't work. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.