Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Chaintech AV710 soundcard in an old computer with a Soltek 54U5 socket 7 motherboard. All I got was a loud squealing sound the moment it booted up. The card would play music along with the squealing, but the squeal didn't respond to volume changes.

Thinking it was a bad card, I put the Chaintech into another computer that had an identical sound card installed, and it worked fine. I then put a Creative CT4750 card into the Soltek, and it played fine.

I seem to have eliminated both the motherboard and the soundcard as sources of the problem--outside of a BIOS deficiency--so I'm wondering if it's a driver problem. I had no problem with the same driver in the other Chaintech AV710-equipped computer, but I seem to remember something about another source for Envy 24 drivers. Anyone have any ideas--other than trashing the old computer, which isn't mine to trash?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Doby. Looks like a handy program. The Chaintek was the first soundcard installed, so I'm not sure there was any debris lying around, but maybe this way I'll get a fresh start with a later driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.