Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i just need some opinions and input on spyware sweepers.. I am using webroot spyware sweeper right now... subscription is out now so i an in need of another spyware sweeper... what i would like to know is what is the best one out there?.. i like webroot because it has not let me down yet and its always running.. is there another one out there that is better? i dont care if its not free, just would like input about spyware sweepers... thanks

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
In my opinion, if you're not against paying, buy it. It is an excellent tool. We have found the trial version to be very useful against recent infections.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
I would also add that is it important to have several layers of protection against today's threats. Here are some excellent free programs:

I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY
    Download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy with its TeaTimer option. This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with the program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here
  • AD-AWARE
    Download and install Ad-Aware. You should use this program to scan your computer on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software in conjunction with Spybot. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here
  • IE-SPYAD
    IE/Spyad places more than 4000 dubious websites and domains in the IE Restricted list. This severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites. A tutorial on installing this product can be found here
  • MVPS HOST FILE
    The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one that will restrict known ad sites form serving you unsolicited advertisements. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is the IP of your local computer. It can be downloaded here - MVPS Hosts file

If you do not have a firewall, here are 3 free ones available for personal use:

·
Banned
3 Posts
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Do NOT post links to known rogueware on our site.

RazeSpyware razespyware.com
razespyware.net
spywaredollars.com

aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2); reported hijacks (1, 2, 3, 4, 5); false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting - Note: other domains associated w/ RazeSpyware include: scanthenet.com, spyware-spyware.org [A: 3-31-05 / U: 9-10-05]

·
Registered
111 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.