Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently on the site Pyzam and a sudden application came up called Spyguard Pro. I tried to uninstall it, but it wouldn't let me. I do not have an anti-virus installed (now wished I had!) and I tried installing Mcafee which comes free with my internet, however it will not install. Every time I try to, it restarts my computer.
Is there anyway I can get rid of this Spyguard Pro program, and is it a virus?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
There is a program called Spyguardian Pro that is listed as Rogue / Bad by 2spyware.com. Click here for more info.

Anyway, the program you have is not a real antispyware program, especially if it installed by itself. My guess is it is saying you have spyware on the system but you need to pay to remove it. A lot of these fake antispyware programs make up fake spyware to get you to pay.

Anyway, follow the 5 Steps to scan your system and post a HijackThis log. The experts in the HijackThis section will help you out.

BMR777

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, tried the online panda scan- got that far atleast :) however the first time I tried to run the scan IE shut down with an error. Second time I tried running it, it didn't do anything at all.
It still says "active scan has started..." but the bar hasn't moved at all.
It has been about 30 minutes. Should I continue to let it run, or should I shut it down and start over again?
Like I said before, I have tried installing Mcafee and also Spydoctor, and neither would install. I've never had any problem installing programs before this Spyguard found it's way into my computer :(
Could it possibly be blocking virus programs from working? And if so, what are my options from there?

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Complete as many of the 5 steps as you can.
Then post in the "HijackThis Log Help" section. If your log isn't complete - please explain why to the analysts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I couldn't really complete any of the steps. It says to uninstall any of the programs listed, I looked through them and the only one I have is the Spyguard Pro- and I can not uninstall it.
As for the results of my Panda scan, the scan would not complete (it didn't ever get past 0%)
What is a "HJT" log? How can I go about getting one?
I am sorry if I am doing something wrong! :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.